Thursday 7 February 2013

Snuggle buggle like a Wuggle

The Wuggle is a funny beast, who likes to sleep a lot
his blankets are so warm and snug, but never get too hot. 
He pulls them up around his chin and snuggle buggles down
and all you hear from him within is snores that shake the town.

A Wuggle likes to sleep so much he does it all day long
he sometimes pokes his nose outside but thinks it feels all wrong.
His favourite place is snuggle buggled up inside his bed
and almost all you ever see is the tip top of his head. 

I wonder if his eyes are blue, or brown, or green, or red
I've never seen them open as he sleeps all day instead
of playing, eating, running, laughing, having lots of fun
I don't believe a single Wuggle ever saw the sun! 

A Wuggle is a funny beast, he sleeps and sleeps and sleeps,
you'd have to be on high alert to even catch a peep
of him outside his blanket nest, he's there so very much
it's hard to say it's him for sure, I never caught a look.

But then, at night, the sun goes down,it's darkness all around
and I do yawns so big my mouth is huge and wide and round.
I go to bed and pull by blankets up, and give a cuddle
to my teddy bear - and snuggle buggle like a Wuggle!

2 comments:

  1. i love this poem, and jr did as well i read it to him as his bedtime story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much - I adore you lady x

      Delete